Friday, March 13, 2020

Gregory's Test Scans

Gregory,

Hello! I have enjoyed holding these pieces of history and admiring art that they are. I hope you have been well. I have good news, bad news and pending news for our dry run.

The Epson scanner scanned at 1200 dpi as expected as jpeg files. The concern is the edges. Because there is no guide for me to line them up exactly, it needs to be eyeballed and some of the cards are not perfectly square. The perfectionist side in me kept trying again, yet there is the grey/black line on the sides. (In the future I can get them square as possible and crop them in a little to make them square, but that is up to you!) I decided to move forward for you to look and see if it has the color quality or not.

The attempt was made several times to scan at 2400 dpi with the Epson and it said that the files were too large. Unfortunately, they cannot be scanned with that resolution. The Xerox machine was set to scan bitmap files (bmp), which make them HUGE files, and we don't want that. My techie husband has been working hard to get that changed. I hope he is successful as he's reading the manual and trying his best to reprogram it. The Xerox is the larger scanner and will capture the longer postcards, so we will pause on scanning those until the scanner presets can be changed.

Below is installment one of the scans! Each of your regular sized post cards were scanned for you to view picture and color quality. When you get done viewing them you are welcome to get in contact with me about how they are turning out so far. Enjoy!





ll




ll




ll




ll




There you go. We'll talk with you soon!

Jenni

No comments:

Post a Comment